Curiosity and the Mobility of Content

Image via.

The explosive growth of content – on the Internet and behind corporate firewalls – combined with inadequate search tools – create a wasteland of stagnant information

Humans seek knowledge – they are inquisitive, curious. Less than two short decades ago, sources to that knowledge were mostly stationary. If a person knew what they wanted – perhaps they would visit a library, and use a centuries-old cataloging system to find what they were looking for.

Or they may go to a newsstand to buy a magazine. If one was satisfied with random, unstructured streams of data, they might turn on a television, or a radio. Maybe this serendipity was satisfying – random data that filled a need – or touched an emotion. But more often, it probably was not.

Content was jealously guarded by writers, poets, publishers, and businesses, available to the masses only with permission, and the curious were often frustrated.

Then the Internet happened. And data became ultimately accessible. Ubiquitous. This was a milestone for curiosity.

New technologies fueled the Internet’s explosive growth, and the emergence of a wild array of increasingly powerful devices insured that if they chose, people could remain stationary, as the content they needed was suddenly mobile.

But if there was dark lining in that silver cloud of computing, it is that the once-consumers of content became creators of content, spawning an almost uncontrollable flood of data. Some of it original, of high quality, but the majority derivative, repurposed, unnecessary – or simply bad. It is said that 90% of all the world’s content has been created in the past two years – but hardly the stuff of the writers, pundits and poets of the past millennia comprising the other 10%.

So vast is this ocean of data that content is once again stationary. Buried beneath the depths of pages of a Google search, never to surface, or trapped behind the impregnable dungeons of corporate databases. And people, if they are to mind what they need, must again be mobile – actively seeking with outdated tools ill-equipped to stem the tsunami tides of content overload. And content is again jealously guarded – by Google, who insures that only content that pays the right price will surface – or by enterprise networks of a complexity that almost insures the ignominy of content. Others may seek the serendipity of social networks; often entertaining, but in random streams of mostly recycled links, it is hardly an efficient means of finding the information needed to power a business.

With Trapit, content for businesses is again accessible.

And moreover, it is personal – tailoring relevant, accurate, actionable content to the individual – or to specified groups of individuals, once again satisfying curiosity. Trapit’s powerful enterprise platform and the cloud-based SaaS application it powers is comprehensive; an end-to-end solution that spans Trapit’s patented content discovery algorithms to its Webbie award-winning user interface and user experience. All of this wrapped around an extraordinary and easy-to-use suite of tools that adjust filters on Trapit’s dicover engine, manage a vast source library, and the distribution of content to a wide variety of devices or applications. Uniquely, the enterprise can control the sources of information, tapping into Trapit’s base of over 100,000 sources of original, high quality content, but also unlocking, with Trapitthe barriers that have kept valuable corporate content largely inaccessible. Trapit learns more about the content preferences of a user with each use, and offers a rich menu of options for sharing information across social networks, or saving key content for consumption later.

Trapit for Enterprise has several uses in the enterprise. It can be an internal tool to automatically keep sales teams up-to-date on the status of their prospects or customers. Or a power Content Marketing application building thought leadership while keeping editorial and content curation expenses low.

So don’t let the information you need remain stationary – and stagnant. Try Trapit.

Gary Griffiths
Trapit CEO and Co-founder

Leave a Reply